Week 14 Story - Bramha the Wise

Author's Notes

So this story turned out to be heavily inspired by the Prequel meme 'The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise". As I went over my notes on Bramha I realized that he became obsessed and consumed by  his creation, and lost a true sense of who he was. The end result of this was Bramha becoming a legend and left mostly unacknowledged.  

Bramha the Wise

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Bramha the Wise? I thought not. It is not a story that western society would tell you. It is an ancient Indian legend. Bramha was the creator of the world, so powerful and so wise he could use his powers to change his shape, alter the universe, and create life… He had such a knowledge and power that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. Such power was unyielding; it fogged his mind, focused his thoughts, and made him loose his sense of self. In an effort to learn who he was as a person, Bramha created a daughter, who came to represent the whole world. As they spent time together he grew accustomed to having her company, and he grew paranoid that she would leave. He became obsessed with her. She began attempting to avoid Bramha by shifting her form, but all her efforts failed. When she turned into a cow, he turned into a Bull. When she turned into a goose, he turned into a gander.  He followed her everywhere, always changing shapes to remain the male counterpart to her female form. The only thing he was afraid of was losing the sight of her, and to this day, he never has. He has never learned about himself, and it is for this reason that this story is rarely told. He taught his other children Shiva and Vishnu everything he knew, and the reason that he created the world; but they realized the errors in his father’s ways. They learned how to use the material world to learn about themselves. Vishnu created a set of laws, called Dharma, which protected and maintained the balance between man and the material world. Ironic. Bramha could teach others not to become enchanted with the material world, but not himself.

Brama the Wise (Sources Below, created by me)

Bibliography


7 Secrets from Hindu Calendar Art - Chapter 7: Brahma's Secret Part 1

Image Sources


Comments

  1. Hi there, Logan!
    I have never put my author's note first and now I am wondering why. The author's note is my favorite part of each story I read because it brings a lot of clarity to the story. I think putting it first just makes the story that much better! I am definitely going to do this if I end up writing a story for next week. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey logan,

    I too enjoyed having the author’s note first. It was like having an informative introduction to the story and it allowed me to fully understand the story instead of being confused trying to figure out its origin until I got to the author’s note. This story was informative and I like the comedic affect especially in the opening sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way. The prequel meme that started it all. I love Star Wars so much and the Darth Plagueis The Wise meme never gets old. I loved the spin you put on this story, and the people who know the meme will think that it's a hilarious take!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Speed Cuber

Week 12 Story: When the World Changes