Favorite Place - Chickasha Festival Of Light

The Best Light Display in Oklahoma

With Winter as my favorite season it is natural for me to enjoy the holidays that come with it. The Chickasha Festival of Light is one of the best displays of Christmas lights you can see in the state. Growing up in small town close to the festival it became a tradition of my family to volunteer for it at least once a year (the most being three times). It is truly magical to walk through the park and to watch as all the lights combine together to create a real 'winter wonderland'. Below is a picture of the bridge that crosses the central lake and the 172-ft tall tree. More information can be found here.


Here is a picture of how the trees are covering in lights. They make up a large amount of the overall number of light at the park.




Bibliography

  Image 1 - The park bridge and Christmas tree during the Festival of Light (2009). Source
  Image 2 - The park trees covered in lights (2009). Source

Comments

  1. What gorgeous pictures, Logan! I have been to Chickasha for the lights too. Thank you to you and your family for being part of how that event is possible: it is like a gift to Chickasha and all the people who live nearby! :-)
    There is a "festival of lights" in India called Diwali. Have you heard about that? The story of Diwali is connected with the story of the Ramayana! Ramayana: The Story of Diwali (that's a page with the videos that are one of the extra credit reading options for this week)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Logan, that is so great that you volunteer at the Festival of Lights! My family just moved to Chickasha and we really enjoy the light festival. In fact, you can see the tall tree from my parent's backyard. My favorite part about it though is the camel rides that they have, I love animals so that is a must for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Logan! I honestly can’t pick a favorite season because every season has its key components that make it wonderful. I absolutely love the Chickasha Festival of Lights! Some people complain that looking at lights is boring but I am captivated every time I go! I always try to take pictures but I also always seem to choose the coldest day to go so all of my pictures are blurry from me shaking so badly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Speed Cuber

Week 12 Story: When the World Changes