Week 8 Reading and Writing



Readings

I really enjoyed the reading assignments for this class. I read both the PDE editions of the Ramayana and the Mahabharata. I have tried two different methods for taking notes over the reading assignments. The first style was by choosing four stories from the reading to take detail notes on and to imagine writing a story about it. This allowed for me to come back the notes later when writing my stories and have good head start.

Stories

The story writing assignments have been very interesting! I started of with very simple stories that did not stray too far from the original stories. However, the more that I wrote I became more comfortable with the creative aspect of it. While my story Nus' Five Wifes was given a different setting and gender swap it still followed the story. For the last story assignment I wanted to break away from the story, so I took a small aspect of it and developed it into a bigger part. It was a really fun story to write and I am happy with how it turned out. Being more creative has definitely been my biggest accomplishment.

Project

For my project I am focusing on stories about Ganesha's family. I am learning a lot from this project and I look forward to doing more work for this project.

Image

One of my favorite pictures from the class was this picture of Rama's Bridge.

Rama's Bridge
Rama's Bridge Image
It is a really cool aerial picture that shows the bridge that was built by Rama and his monkey partners.

Looking Forward

There were two reading assignments I missed due to not finding the time from being overloaded by other classes. I plan on being more attentive with the assignments and doing the work in advanced if I know projects will be due in those classes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Speed Cuber

Week 7 Story: The Undying Battle